Sunday, December 11, 2011

By the sea...

Amelia is my daughter, Libby's, best friend. So when her parents asked me to do her cake, I could hardly say no. Despite the miserable, un-summerish weather we have been having in Sydney lately, her parents decided to try a Hawaiian style party at the beach. My daughter recently had a tropical themed birthday party so I was pushed to come up with an original idea.



Somehow, Amelia was blessed with a beautiful sunny day for her party (after a week of rain) and the kids had a great time at the beach! Sitting here typing this two days later, it is pouring with rain again. Oh well.

Here is a close up of Amelia, and her friend, Crabby.



The cake itself was 7" diameter, milk chocolate mudcake with milk chocolate ganache.


Happy Birthday Amelia!


Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment