Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snail trail...

This week I took on the mammoth task of two cakes. That may not seem too bad to some, but when the majority of your work is done after the kids go to bed, it certainly felt like a huge project to me. Both cakes were for some of my best clients and were about as different as can be.

The first cake was a small one for Jessica who was turning 6. It's a 5" dark chocolate mudcake decorated with a "Littlest Pet Shop" snail.


Jessica's mum provided me with a photo of a cake she liked which I changed slightly with the addition of the flowers. You can check out the original photo here.

I was also lucky enough to find a tutorial on making the snail topper which was very helpful. You can check out the tutorial here.



Despite the painfully humid weather (a cake decorator's worst enemy) I was happy with the final result, and from all reports, so was Jessica.


Happy Birthday Jessica!


Kat

PS: For the second cake this week, read my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment